March 21, 2006

Weather...such a fascinating subject...

Well, I guess Indy got a little more snow then we did. They got like, 4 to 5 in. and we got a dusting, literally, all we got was a bunch of really cold air and that's it. Enough to make it miserable...but it's Indiana, so what if it's the first day of spring, anything can happen here. If I become a weather man (which is almost impossible) I would probably move so I wouldn't have to do weather reports for Indiana, it's crazy here, and unpredictable, the weather guys are always wrong!! Well, maybe not always, but it does seem that way sometimes. Anybody else think Indiana weather is unpredictable, or is it just me?

Speaking of weather, does anybody know about the myth that if you are unusually thirsty then it will rain or some precipitation will come? Well, my grandpa was, a living example of that myth if I ever saw one. One time, he was here for a visit, and he got real thirsty, he downed like, 4 large cokes in a couple of minutes! Anyway, sure enough it downpoured that day. Another time, it was freezing cold outside and in March (no surprise!) and he was real thirsty again, so we were thinking rain, but we were like, it's 25 degrees outside, rain is impossible! Well, sure enough it started snowing in about an hour...maybe there is some truth to that...I was real thirsty today...well, you never know...anyway, there's a random thought for the week...

Tomorrow, is a free day of nothing except bible study, so maybe I can actually get some work done! And if any work is going to happen I think I need some sleep so, I'll talk to you all later,

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anytime you post a interesting post you get 10 bonus points. So you get 10 bonus points. Nathan you have to count these points!!

erudil said...

I've never heard of such a myth.

Nathan said...

Well, instead of 10, this one scores 25. And that's actually within the rules. Yup, this marks 2 weeks of posts on every day! 10 points for 7th post per day of the week and a 15-point bonus because it's the second week. Congratulations, you just might be the new leader...

Graham said...

let me know if it precipitates... I have never heard of that. Rather strange. Here in Yemen it is close to 30 degrees Celcius (which is I have no clue in F.) It is nice and comfortable here. No humidity, no rain, no snow, perfect weather...

Maria JoAnn said...

That is so cool that you got snow in March!!! I miss snow!!!

Maria JoAnn said...

Hey, did you see the picture of our piano on our picture website?

Charity said...

Yeah check out our picture blog! I can't even IMAGINE snow right now...send me some in the mail, ok? Wait, is there really a rule that you get 10 bonus points for an 'interesting' post?? I am SO confused about the rules...always have been. hehe oh well. YES INDIANA WEATHER IS UNPREDICTABLE! It's not just you. ;-) But if it makes you feel any better, Melbourne is known for having 4 seasons in one day. Literally. (So we've heard...)

Mary said...

I agree with Charity, it is incredibly unpredictable!!

Well, it didn't rain yesterday, so I dont think you have the same gift as your grandpa ;).

Anonymous said...

Indiana has crappy weather all together. It's summers, winters, and springs are miserable cuz it's always so humid. Note: I didn't say fall cuz Indiana has no fall (hehe). Minnesota has the perfect weather: winter is coming and winter is here. Okay, we do have beautiful falls, wonderful springs, hot that isn't over whelming summers, and in our part of the state less snow more cold even more beautiful winters.

Never heard that myth before. Btw, what is the velocity of an unladened sparrow?

Andrew said...

anonymous...heh, well, it's nice to know my posts are interesting...

nathaniel...yeah, not many people have heard of it either

nathan...wow,that's cool, i didn't think i would make it into the top 5 let alone lead the thing!

Graham, heh, if there's any place that has good weather, u guys sure beat all places here, in the winter...well almost...but still, i could use some 30 degrees celcius over here...

Maria...you guys have a cool piano!! hope u have fun on it!!

Charity...heh, i have no clue, about the interesting post thing, i mean, who's going to decide whether it's interesting or not? And yeah, indiana whether can be strange but, that's whats fun about it...u never know what it's going to be like...

Mary...well, k, it's worked before though...lol

Christina...um, well, in minnesota the winters are always cold, and u get tons of snow so half your winter life is shoveling your sidewalk and driveway, and there is not spring cuz it's always cold...so minnesota is always predicitable and boring...using your exaggerations...hehe, minnesota doesn't look any better...so if u take out all our exaggerations and hyped up arguments, minnesota really isn't any better then indiana and vice versa...

Nathan said...

Nope, no rule about interesting posts. That would be entirely subjective and impossible to determine.

Andrew said...

i thougth so nathan...heh

haha, i like the glass theory!

Nathan said...

Yeah, I'm sure no one understands the rules...maybe I should try to take some time and explain on the contest blog.

Andrew said...

hey, that wasn't me, so that means it counts as another comment...heh

Anonymous said...

Shovel? Snow? In Minnesota? HAHAHA!!!!! Like you'd get a side walk done without throwing out your back.

Andrew said...

i told u it was an exaggeration...

Anonymous said...

I was in the State Spelling Bee. (I only advanced cuz' no one else was in the group I was in). I was chaperoned around by a friend and we went to the Civil War Monument and Museum. I think Indiana weather is unpredictable to cuz' one minute it was sunny. While we were in the store under the munument. But when we went out again it was snowing. There is proof that Indiana weather is unpredictable.