March 29, 2006

The fun side of church planting...

Today we had our core group study, for our new church plant, at a church building that we are checking out. The church is kinda secluded in a way, it's quite a ways in the country but it is really interesting. I mean, interesting in a good way. The church is in fact a historical antique building which makes it all the more fascinating!! The building itself is really cool. The sanctuary is a lot like the Kokomo rp, just a little smaller and there are several good sized rooms for a pastors office and classrooms. However, the basement is the most interesting. There's a nice big kitchen with and an extra set of restrooms. There is a large room next to the kitchen and double doors in the back of the room into another large room which could be perfect for anything from fellowship lunches to a rollerblading rink. Seriously this place has a TON of possibilities!! Another thing, there is a roof thing sticking up out of the ground behind the church as if an outhouse had sunk into the ground so all you could see is the roof. Nobody knows what it is and nobody knows how to get into it. Isn't that exciting! Well, really, in a way, there's just so much cool stuff in that church building. The only thing is that the basement needs a LOT of work. It looks as if the kitchen hasn't been used in like, 50 years and the restrooms look like the spiders have already declared it there's...but really, the place looks promising. Not every day you get to have a service in an antique church! Well, anyway, I think it's really neat church. It'll be interesting if we end up in there. But, well, that's up to God's eternal plan...

By the way, I appreciate all the interesting discussion on my last posts. Keep commenting!!
Well I am turning in, take care ya'll...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

boy, I wish we could start a church. But who'd come? certainly not the 'my grandparents and great grnadparents went to this church' kinda people, who'd single out all of the Worthington CRC (i love mocking them, hehe) and the baptist wouldn't hear of going to a reformed church. (haha)

SaraY said...

That does sound cool :-). At first I thought Lafayette was way too small to be splitting, but now it's feeling big.

Anonymous said...

Our biggest church here, where I live split. That was sad, lol.

I wanna know what's under the roof! it sounds interesting, lol

Ellie said...

I think my church is still the biggest, and I'm not exactly sure that's the best anymore. :-P

Anonymous said...

i go to a small churh, it is really nice

Mary said...

Warning: You have just received a comment from Mara the Bitter. Thank you and have a wonderful evening.

Hannah said...

I go to a little church, it's got like... something like seven families and then some random people who come by themselves. Personally I like it. I know all the people a lot better than if there were tons of people.

Katie said...

That roof that sticks out of the ground makes me think of those storm celler doors. But it can't be some additional celler if its only just a roof. Hmm...

bethoven said...

I grew up in a church that was 100 years old and it had old cool passageways that would lead from behind the stage area to the kitchen downstairs. But then the upkeep got too much and we built a new building. Just a couple of years ago they tore that old building down. It was sad. I would have loved to have gone in there one more time.