March 22, 2006

Computerization...(is that even a word?)

Anybody familiar with WORLD magazine, I'm sure at least somebody gets it or knows about it. But in the last issue it was celebrating 20 years of publishing. Besided that they brought up some interesting thoughts. Everything is going computerized, news, sports, weather, stocks, shopping, you name it, it can be done online. So newspapers, magazines and the like are kinda dying out in a way. Newspaper subscriptions are going down each year as well as magazines, and periodicals. So what do YOU think is going to happen in the next, 20 years? Do you think everything is going to be "computerized", or maybe with online subscriptions to "e-papers" or something. It's an interesting topic, for a long time newspapers were the only way to get news...but the radio came and now the internet, so I am assuming the newspapers will die out with the rest of old technology. Who knows, maybe even the TV will die out and all movies will be on computers and things with expandable screens. I think sometime, there might be an all in one, like a TV/Game system(x-box probably)/computer all in one. Microsoft can do it if anyone else can. Random thought for today...

Well, a good solid day for me today. I got a TON of math done, like 3 lessons in precalculus...but...let's not go there...My brother is down stairs watching "God's and Generals" for his history class I think. Really, I want a class where u have to evaluate movies!! Well, with the sounds of exploding gun shells and musket fire, I think I'll leave you all for a some much needed rest, ttyl later

10 comments:

Michael said...

According to Answers.com computerization is a valid word.

bethoven said...

I get WORLD magazine.

I find it interesting that people once thought that in the 21st century we would have flying cars and space stations and such, and it's not like that at all. What's that saying? The more things change, the more they stay the same? Technology is making some things a lot smaller (ipods) and some things bigger (TVs), but overall there's not a whole lot different with the heart of man.

bethoven said...

BTW, when is this blog contest over?

Andrew said...

cool, thanx micheal...

beethoven...well, they tried flying cars but they were too expensive and impractical, technology could do it, it's just not pheasible moneywise, and we do have space stations, but i think i know what u mean. However on the more, local side of things, the newspaper does seem to be dying and not because the heart of man is changing really. We want things to be faster, affordable, convenient,and internet news and sports and shopping, is fast, affordable, and convienent, so i think sooner or later, there won't be any newspapaers...

Ellie said...

I don't want the newspaper to die away... even with the internet, I still love reading it every morning! :) Even if it doesn, hopefully that won't happen until AFTER I die. lol.

I tried to comment this last night, but your comments weren't working for me. :-P

Andrew said...

yeah, i kinda like the idea of reading the newspaper early in the morning and drinking coffee and stuff, but oh well, it prolly won't last, at least right now that's where we are heading...

the blog contest ends at when march ends...i think

Nathan said...

Nah, it's April 6th. And then there's the tourney, but that lasts as long as people want it too last (kinda...)

Anonymous said...

yay for world magazine, lol. I do my weekly current events report off of subjects from those magazines.

hey, the 22nd was my b-day! whee! lol.

erudil said...

I hope to see greatly increased digitization of old books!

Anonymous said...

No more paper routes to help you out with? Boo Hoo!! I love helping you with paper routes!

At least we have one coming up! :)