March 30, 2006

Daylight "Savings" Time...

Well, get used to it...Saturday night...we change our clocks...(change our clocks...just absurd if you ask me...) So with the daylight savings time dynasty on the way, some people are saying, "It's ABOUT TIME!!! I have waited for forever for Indiana to get there clocks in action!!" and some people are saying, "This is ridiculous!! I moved to Indiana just to get out of changing my clock!! Why can't we just leave the clocks alone!!" So whats your opinion?

I think we should just leave the clocks alone. I know everyone else does it, but really, I think America needs to get out of the idea that we got to change our clocks around, just leave them be!! Besides, if you move the clocks forward, you save light in the evening but not in the morning!! Oh well, some things you just gotta live with...But really, do we need to be messing with our clocks. Does turning your clocks an hour ahead really give you an advantage. Think about it, your going to have to wait a whole nother hour just to shoot off fireworks. It'll be an hour later each morning too. So yeah, well, it'll be interesting how people react. I heard that some people were going to form a group and not change their clocks...how stupid! they're just going to be late to everything!! BUT...if EVERYBODY didn't change their clocks, well, then all the government officials would be late!!

Well, I am going down to Indy tomorrow, so that's means sleep is a necessity, as if it never is...so see ya all later...

16 comments:

Ellie said...

I think changing the clocks is dumb, but I do think it would be funny if we all showed up late for church on Sunday morning! lol. :)

Anonymous said...

alright, this means I gain an hour of sleep before work on Sunday, doesn't it? I like long summer days. it's the turning the clocks back for winter that I hate. It really doesn't bother me that much accept for the fact it takes like 2 weeks to adjust.

David Pulliam said...

DIE DAY LIGHT SAVINGS!! DIE! I can wait for that event. :(

SaraY said...

It's gonna be confusing but we'll get used to it... I'm not into the idea at all either :-P but we don't really have a choice and complaining isn't going to change anything.

Hannah said...

I don't especially have an opinion. I'll get real confused for a while... Really really confused. Lol, then I'll get used to it but it'll be fine. I havn't much thought about it actually... Weird.

Charity said...

Hey, they have had daylight savings in Evansville, Indiana. I HATED it when we lived there. It messes up your entire schedule! When people ask my dad about daylight savings, he says, "We believe in keeping the time the way God created it." (or something like that...) Hey, we have it on this side of the world, too...and I think we change pretty soon. I'm going to be SO confused in trying to figure out time in Indiana now. Argh!!! just as I was getting used to it... at least we'll get an EXTRA hour, though. You guys lose an hour. SO SORRY! I FEEL FOR YOU!!!

How's that for a comment?? Oh and I added you to my links just now. Thanks for reminding me. :-)

Anonymous said...

I don't see what the big deal is? it might mess up your schedule for like one day. after that everything feels normal. sure it sucks in the summer when you loose an hour, but it would be even worse in the winter if the sun didn't come up 'till 9 o'clock. it really is nice to have a little consistency, even if it means changing clocks twice a year.

Nathan said...

Charity - my question would be, did God directly invent the time system we use today? (I mean, God has control over everything, but it's not like from Creation we've had 12:00-12:00 time, have we?)

I think DST is a good idea. If it helps our economy (and it should), I say go for it...

Charity said...

It's kind of a joke, Nathan. Don't worry. ;-)

I think Jack is right (whoever he is...hehe). But it's still really annoying. I'm sure there's benefit...but I guess I just don't see it.

Maria JoAnn said...

I hate daylight savings time! It always messes up your scedule.

Andrew said...

well, here's what i say, yeah, indiana needs it now because everybody else has it...:| however, the only reason it will help our economy is because everybody else doesn't want to deal with our lack of dst! so we really need it. However, if EVERYBODY got rid of it, then it would make everybody's life, that much easier...

erudil said...

It is good that Indiana adopts DST because everyone else does. By itself, I don't see why it's such a big deal, but by being the odd ones out, Indiana has made for a lot of confusion in past years. To have DST is a much better decision. Anyway, it's not like it's sacreligious because God created time another way :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm not very happy about it, lol. but I understand why we have to change our clocks. but I JUST got my alarm clock on the right time last night *heh* and now I have to change it again *sigh*

Katie said...

I don't like DST because it means the sun will rise earlier in the summer. Wait won't it? I'm confused. But since everybody else is doing it, we may as well be confused along with them!

bethoven said...

I personally am in favor of DST. I grew up in Michigan where it was normal and it was weird NOT to do it. And last night it was so nice to have daylight around a little longer.

Anonymous said...

yeah, the only really stupid thing is that we are on eastern time. that means in the summer when the sun should come up around 6:20 it won't come up till after 7. but it will stay light out until after 10! we should be on central time, mitch is a retard