March 19, 2006

The big ten is out!!

There are no more big ten teams left!! That was such a disappointment. 6 teams in the tourney, and none make it to the sweet 16, but like, Wichita? and Bradley? Conferences I've haven't heard of are in this thing, and the big ten doesn't have one team, not even one team to show for themselves...Oh well, it is the NCAA, anything can happen...I'm putting my hopes in the zags now. Gonzaga is in the same state my parents grew up...Washington!! So we'll see what they can do. They are looking real strong right now. Any other thoughts? Anyway, for those of you who see the letters "NCAA" and "brackets" and say "who cares?" I think I'll stop there...;)

I had a great fun filled weekend. The basketball banquet was great and Adam is back, rattling off all of his adventures on the other side of the world...well almost...about the beer, well, in his own words..."it wasn't that bad!!" What did you all do for the weekend?

Well, I have decided to make another CD. It should have more songs on it, like maybe 10 or 11. And hopefully I'll have it done by summer or something. It's going to be so hard to record though. All the pro's just play the piece once and bleep out all the errors. I like play it through and then, "nah, that wasn't good" so I'll do it again, "nope, there was an error in measure 25 or something" so I'll do it again, and again until something actually decent comes out. It takes FOREVER!!!! And it is very exhausting, sitting around trying to play the piano perfectly for 5 hours or so. 6 songs is hard enough!! Well, I think I'll get to bed early tonight, I really need the sleep, after the paper route all week, it will be nice to sleep in to 6:30...heh, yeah, sleep in to 6:30...

g'night all,

14 comments:

Nathan said...

My original final 4 is still in tact - and playin' purty darn well! I've got UConn, Flordia, UCLA, and Texas...and I'm stickin' to it. UConn over UCLA in the finals! Yeah, the Big 10 stunk a big one this year. And Billy Packer and Jim Nantz laying into the selection committee for picking for Missouri Valley teams? Well, two of 'em (Wichita St. and Bradley) are still in! Yup, it's crazy...

It's cool you're doin' a new CD. I'll want to hear it...

Graham said...

apparently we have different recording techniques. I hook my guitar directly into the computer and then edit out my mistakes, but I do know the frustration. Probably why I only ever recorded three of my guitar compositions...

My teacher is not going to be happy with all the NCAA upsets. It'll be fun to watch though.

Graham said...

ah, when is the edomite site coming back?

Charity said...

I can't wait to get the CD.
*hint hint*

:-)

Anonymous said...

keep posting you have to beat charity!!!

Graham said...

My teacher was mad. It was hillarious. He is from texas, and he was talking about how his university might just win baseball, football and basketball. I thought it was kinda funny. He said that if they won, Huston would be burnt to the ground by riots and celebrations. Go figure. It was rather amusing though.

Nathan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nathan said...

BJ: The Purdue ladies' team advanced! They pasted Mizzou State by 21. They face UCLA next.

Graham: The Texas guys' team advanced! They pasted NC State by 21. They face West Virginia next.

:)

Graham: About the Edomites. It'll be sooner rather than later. That's all I know, for now. We're working on it...

Anonymous said...

i want that cd too! actually, the one that i did buy from u i accidentally left in the sun. FRIED!!!

i need to get all of them from you. if ur gonna b @ sonrise, plz bring 1/each cd for me.

Anonymous said...

I can say at least that I've listened to a basketball game recently. This weekend I hear Fulda (a town 15 miles from my house) beat Ada-Borup (where my dad went to school) for the State Championship. Lots of kids didn't come to youth group cuz they were too tired from celebrating (hehe).

erudil said...

One of my friends, from the Syracuse RPC, had picked the Orangemen to go to the Final Four :-(

bethoven said...

I'm in the category "NCAA who cares?" but I did actually watch a little when I was "babysitting" a 6th grade and a 3rd grade boy this weekend--they really get into it! I guess it's interesting if you know your teams.

Hannah said...

I want your CD, will it have that last song you played at the baquet? I really loved that one=)

Anonymous said...

The last teams are:
LSU vs. UCLA and
George Mason vs. Florida

Those are the teams in the Final Four.