April 02, 2006

Thunderstorms!!

Ahh, I LOVE thunderstorms!!! Hearing the thunder and everything, and the wind and rain, you sense a feeling of power, and you realize that it's all God's doing...but anyway, my dad and my sister were coming home yesterday from Indy and a storm with unmatched fury descended on the highway. You know, where the windshield wipers are on super fast and you still can't see a thing, and your going like 2 miles an hour...just like that!! That's when it gets most interesting. Living in Indiana has been good, because with weather like this, if you predict thunderstorms, you get them, and if you don't predict them...well...you get them anyway!! We lost half of our tree once in a thunderstorm...not just any tree but an ash tree that you can't get your arms around...it almost landed on our neighbors car...which...would have complicated things...but thankfully it wasn't long enough! The rest of the tree is leaning real awkward right now...if it were to come down, it would go through my window and take out my bed...which is a most comforting thought when it's windy and I am trying to go to sleep!! But it hasn't split......yet....
Anyone had any battles with thunderstorms? Did you win? I normally lose...but well, maybe that's just me...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I can finally comment here. My dog is in the side yard basking in the sun so I got a few moments here.
Monopoly takes too dang long for my taste.
We don't have thunderstorms yet, we just hit a high all year of 50 last weekend.
I haven't seen the Borne Identity and I really don't want to unless it's worth it. I finally got The Man from Snowy River and Return to Snowy River a couple weeks ago so that makes me happy. They some of the best movies of all time. what would have to be your top 10 favourite movies?

Maria JoAnn said...

wow, your comments are having problems. It took forever for this to load so that I could comment. It is probably wise to not be on the computer durring thunderstorms. I love thunderstorms! The dont have them here very oftenl. How sad.

Charity said...

I heard about the tornado watches in Indy and stuff...kinda scary. The don't get tornados here. Ever. Is your house okay and everything?

Charity said...

I commented on the three posts below. :-)

bethoven said...

I was sitting in a bus Friday night with a group of high schoolers and we were coming up from Georgia so we drove right by some cool-looking thunderstorms. The lightning was awesome!

Anonymous said...

the church down the street had a tree torn out of the ground in the storm. you could see all the roots and everything. way cool

Anonymous said...

i hate thunderstorms!!! they r freaky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We had like a 20 minute hurricane in '03. And we live on the prairie! we won that battle though.

erudil said...

When my father was at Westminster Seminary in Philadelphia, a tropical storm came through that had just been downgraded from a hurricane a short time before. When he emerged from his dorm, he discovered a brand-new car, owned by a neighbor, whose roof was about one foot from the pavement, under a very large branch.

Andrew said...

that was not the real Andrew...
look, i'd appreciate it, if whoever is trying to go by my name, would either say something productive, or just shut up, and consider letting me comment in peace and use their own name rather than hiding behind someone else's...

Anonymous said...

yeah, I figured that couldn't have been you saying that.