April 16, 2006

Real Chocolate!

Imagine a chocolate candy that melts in your mouth and tastes so good, you are living in another world when you eat it. It drags you away from reality and all you could see, smell, feel, is the chocolate...
Alright, so with that image in your head you can know get the idea of what I experienced when I bit into one of the chocolates my brother brought back from Germany. Adam waited till today to show them to us, and I can tell you right now, I haven't eaten real chocolate until today! That stuff was so good, it destroyed any other idea of what chocolate was like! I had a hazelnut chocolate egg, and I haven't tasted any dessert that was better!
However...there is a downside to authentic German chocolate, and that happens to be, that, everything is in German! So, it takes more then a quick glance to figure out what the flavors are, and what's in it. Some are more obvious then others such as, "Haselnuss-nougat" which is definitely Hazelnut. But others are little more...well, vague. Such as "Marc De Champagne". Well, since I am a little more adventurous in nature, I decided to try it. I figured it may be flavored with some sort of champagne type of spice or something but nothing really major or anything. So I ate the "Marc De Champagne egg". At first it tasted fine and I thought it was really good, but then all of a sudden a taste hit me and almost knocked me over. It was the most powerfully, shockingly strong taste ever! I nearly fell over, and it was the strangest taste I have ever tasted, chocolate and this...other stuff! After I had finished it I as talking to my dad about it and he noted that my breath smelled like alcohol...I though he was joking and so my mom comes in says, "Andrew! your breath smells like alcohol!!" So that seemed to explain the powerful strange taste. So I figured if I got drunk, well, it was off of chocolate! But really, imagine chocolate and alcohol! kinda weird...lol! So I have officially been introduced to Alcohol! With chocolate of all things! Hopefully I'll get some sleep tonight...who knows?

6 comments:

Mary said...

Wow, so you think the taste of achohol is way outta this world huh? haha, that's priceless. I took some of this headache medicine at a friends house once and I was really shocked at how much I liked it and how strange it made me feel. Then she told me what it had in it :-P.

Anonymous said...

ive had alcohol b4. in chocolate too :)

Anonymous said...

lol, u r such a descriptive dork! neway, i don't no how 2 play guitar!

Graham said...

When you started describing the chocolate I thought that your brother had gotten hold of Swiss chocolate. Hershies tastes like 50% wax after you have eaten that stuff...

bethoven said...

Andrew! You've gotta watch out for those German chocolates! I'm guessing most Germans probably put alcohol in a lot of things...
I had Swiss chocolate once and it was incredible. But, actually, I'm not a huge chocolate aficionado.

Christina said...

When my mom and Mari were in Mall of America, was it last summer, they stopped in a Scandinavian goods store and bought some Swedish chocolate and the other day she pulled out some German chocolate it think. I love all chocolates in every shape and size. Except for Russian. I HATE Russian chocolate it tastes weird with more of a bitter taste. The only alcohol I actually remember tasting is in some wines that were made in Wisconsin. I've never tasted anything so bad!!!