April 30, 2006

A Clandestine Plan for Survival...

Ah, the party was great! I did a lot of talking this time...not as much sports. Considering I haven't played any basketball very much at all, I didn't really feel like wearing myself out and getting all sweaty. But through all the fun, I realized I really needed an escape plan. Provided I didn't get any sleep I would be tired the next morning. I had drama practice to get through from like 11 in the mooring to 5 in the afternoon. I needed a plan to get me through the next day; so I came up with this...


First the necessities...

1. I really needed to get some caffeine at some point in time.
2. Can't have donuts in the morning, that doesn't help the rest of the day.
3. Milk works well
4. I need at least an hour of sleep
5. I need more then just caffeine, but some sugar later
6. I can't stop moving!
6. Caffeine takes while to take effect on me.
7. ...I knew there were more but I can't think of them yet...

Ok, so with that info I formed the strategy. I was given a Red Bull that night by a great person...(without him, it wouldn't have been possible) so the caffeine was taken care of. In the morning they would certainly have cereal so there is my milk, however I had to make sure not to have anything TOO sugary because that would defeat the whole purpose of not eating donuts...

So after the eating the cereal, I would lay kinda low so I would get tired. I needed every ounce of sleep on the way back from Indy to stay awake so I needed to make myself real tired. I also have a really hard time sleeping in the car, so I needed to make myself as sleepy as possible. Then right as soon as we were about to leave I would drink the red bull. Now this was the risky part. Caffeine, like I said, doesn't effect me very fast, so if I drank it before we left for Indy I could still get sleep in the van. Then I would be able to sleep all the way to Indy without a problem and even maybe sleep on the way to my house. Now once, I was at my house I would keep moving until drama practice. I was going to be there a long time, and I needed a way to keep the adrenaline stimulation. So I thought well, if I am going to be there over lunch time, someone is going out to Lunch. And lunch is ALWAYS a fast food restaurant, so I can easily get a frosty, or mcflurry or whatever. Then by the time the red bull caffeine effect wears out, I'll still have some sugar to carry me the rest of the way. And then when I get home and eat, I will then stop moving and fall right to sleep at 8 and sleep till 8 the next morning.

I tell you it was the most perfect plan ever!! And get this, IT WORKED!! I had cereal, laid low, drank the red bull, slept all the way to Lafayette real soundly too, I stayed active at home, went to drama, my suspicion was correct and we went to McDonald, had a mcflurry, stayed active till we got home (after eating at wendy's in the evening) and then got home, and went to sleep promptly at 8! I slept then all the way without disturbance till 8 this morning! It was right on! I need to do more of those...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday was sooooo much fun! lol :) I'll have to keep that plan in mind for the next time my church has a lock in or something, lol.

Christina said...

if there's anything I can say about you from this post, Andrew, is that when you put your mind to something you do it!! i've never had to go through a day on only 2 hours of sleep and I doutb i'd be able to make it either.

Graham said...

brilliant! that was great. I don't think I could have done it either. On the other hand, I wouldn't have sat there trying to figure out when I needed an adrenaline rush, when to eat sugar, and when to get a caffeine fix... I might have just made it on adrenaline... but I doubt it. 12 hours of sleep always feels good though...

Ellie said...

my plan to stay awake was nothing like that. I just drank a huge ammount of coffee and so I mananged to stay awake until around 3 saturday. :)

bethoven said...

Wow. That's one plan. It's always cool when a well-devised plan achieves its intended end. However, I think there may be some lingering effects...as evidenced by your non-sequential numbering...??

Anonymous said...

Congrats on going to the next round. =0)

Graham said...

lol, I didn't notice that. Was that intentional?

Andrew said...

hah ya that was intentional...lol!!

Graham said...

that is great! lol!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a plan. :P

Anonymous said...

that was great. i slept 2-3 hours on the way home and then crashed that night. gotta go mow a yard. cya.