April 18, 2006

Purdue

I am getting a tour of Purdue tomorrow...(even though I know too much about it already!) but it kinda reminds me that my high school years are coming to a close, and the college roller coaster is about to begin. Even though I have another year to sort things out, I still feel that high school is ending too fast. In some ways I should because "technically" I am graduating a year early, but besides that, it does seem a bit too fast. Looking back, these four years of high school have been great. I have met a TON of new people, joined a bunch of groups, made a lot of new friends, played some sports, and much more. These past four years have been a wonderful time. Now, college looms in front of me...haha, well not really, it'll be much more enjoyable once I figure out what to do!

Enough of that...on Thursday I have a performance competition thing for 4-H. I am performing one of my new compositions, so that should be exciting! And I am in some crazy skit where I'll be playing music from the Pirates of the Caribbean. I really need to get that sound track! Well, I guess I better get practicing...Have great day!

5 comments:

Andrew said...

what!?! no comments!? hmm, must be a boring post...lol

Charity said...

no it's not! I just didn't get to it till today!! Man, it's absolutely terrifying how many people are graduation so soon... including myself, I guess. BUt i still got a couple years to go. *sigh* growing up is so sad sometimes... thanks a lot for depressing me, Andrew! :-P heh j/k... anyway, hope your tour was nice! I've never actually been on the Purdue campus, believe it or not. I'd love to sometime. I might even attend there someday...we shall see.

bethoven said...

Andrew! Giving yourself a comment just so you can have a comment? That's pretty sad.

You should write a post about people who continuously leave objects like books at things like piano lessons. I'm sure it's a sign of intelligence or something. Can you make that point?

And I want to hear how the thingy goes tonight.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get a ride to that thingy tonight *sniffle* ah well.
college is a really scary thing to think about :P I'm doing this new online thing next year and I'll be finishing highschool a WHOLE YEAR earlier. That's sccccaaaaaarrrrrryyyyyy!
I really wish I could have come and watched you guys tonight! *sigh*

Graham said...

education.... *shiver* it just doesn't seem to end. They tell you you just have four years of high school after you finish elementary. Then, when you get into high school, they tell you that you need to go to university to get a good job. What I will probably learn in university is that I need another four or five years to get a phd or two or three years in on job training... What they will tell me then I can't imagine, but the cycle seems to have plenty of ways to repeat itself...