April 05, 2006

Some music...

Did anyone else really like the music from the Pirates of the Caribbean? I did, and actually, I am playing some of the music for a 4-H competition thing. I'm on the piano and a friend on a fife, it sounds really good, especially with some random people swordfighting in the background...but I really like the music from that movie, it's quite addicting...

I am still wrestling with the idea of music. I really want to do something with it, but I am not sure if pursuing it in college is smart. I love music, but whether I should make it my life or not...It's a tough question. If you love math...well, that's easy, some engineering major. Like to teach? Well, you go learn how to teach people. Like science? You go experimenting with any of the vast sciences at your door. But when your torn between music, the arts, and science and math...well, it gets crazy!! But I know one thing, music will be a big part of my life no matter what I do...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

well you should probably try to do is find a good combination, such as become a musical engineer, who learns how to play music on steel pipes or something like that. The options are endless

Anonymous said...

Well I can understand the music thing. Singing is one of my greatest gifts and passions, the only problem is, who's gonna play the intruments for me to sing to? I can sing but I can't play. The main music I enjoy singing is rock and hymns, but I think it's God's will for christians to be rock singers. I love folk songs, but yet again, who's gonna play the instrument?!?! I'd kinda like to be one of those traveling performers, but who would play the instruments? About college though, I decided not to go down the vet tech road cuz you gotta take so much science (not my thing), and what job can I get with a literature, history, or an english degree? So I think I'm shooting for Elementary Education. In Minnesota if you're a teacher and you start work after graduation they let you retire at 55. So I'd be financially secure even if I were landed with 14 kids and a dead or worthless husband (hehe). But the your carreer joice can be difficult, just make it something that you love. Music always has and always will be a part of my life to.

bethoven said...

You don't have to major in music to be involved in it, but as for what else you'd go into...that's your decision! Keep praying and getting advice from godly people (like your parents).

As for the Pirates music...LOVE IT! In fact, I just put some pictures and videos together from this last trip into a movie file and used some of that soundtrack for background music!

bethoven said...

You don't have to major in music to be involved in it, but as for what else you'd go into...that's your decision! Keep praying and getting advice from godly people (like your parents).

As for the Pirates music...LOVE IT! In fact, I just put some pictures and videos together from this last trip into a movie file and used some of that soundtrack for background music!

Benjamin Crum said...

Here's your Music Engineering project

Also, congrats on 2nd place in the contest

Charity said...

I love the music from that movie!! I wish I had the piano music. Did you get the book, or did you write it?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I had to go through the "do I really want to think about doing music for college?" stage. Course, I'm only 15 and my opinion on what I want to do will probably change, but NONE of the things I'm into are very realistic things, lol. Art and music are what I want to do, what I'm good at, but with both of them it's either a you get a job or you don't type of thing, so yeah. *Sigh* lol.