April 25, 2006

A little driving fun at Purdue...

If you have ever driven at a large campus, you will know exactly what I am talking about! It's the type of place where random people decide that the cool thing of the moment is walking in front of your car which happens to be traveling at 30 mph. Or the place where on gameday Saturday morning, guys with big fuzzy hats and yellow and black faces think that biking in the middle of the road in traffic after a good plastering at the "where else bar" is so tight. You get the idea. In fact, on the way to bible study, I was driving (ha, yes, ME driving...) in the middle of campus and got stopped at a light. In front of me was a large beat up van. All of a sudden out of nowhere a guy with a skateboard comes running out in the middle of the road and chucks a skateboard in the passenger side window and hangs on the side of the van talking with the driver. When the light turned green, the van starts pulling out in the intersection with the guy hanging on the side. As the van gained speed the guy dives in the van through the window with his legs flying around in the air. It was so randomly hysterical I forgot to get moving myself! You get to see some priceless stuff at Purdue. I tell you, there are some pretty interesting privileges to living right on the edge of campus...or consequences...succeeds in making life interesting...

6 comments:

Charity said...

lol that sounds pretty interesting! *sigh* If I were in the States, I could be driving BY MYSELF at this point in my life...

Anonymous said...

Andrew is a safer driver than me...lol!

Anonymous said...

wow, that's soo weird! i hope he knew wut he was doing! people who do that must b really brave!

Andrew said...

heh, yeah, or just really weird...lol

Christina said...

or just trying to get themselves killed!!!!!

Graham said...

not brave, just psychotic. I havn't jumped through a car window with a skate board yet, but I have done other crazy things like clif rock climbing with no gear and other insane things that seem completely normal at the time, only to find out from other people that whatever I had done was dumb... Looking back on it, it usually does seem pretty stupid...