April 21, 2006

A night to remember...(that just sounds way too overused...)

Ok, anyway, besides the overused title, tonight was a night to remember! We had our annual "share the fun" contest for 4-H. Our club sort of ruled the contest, with 12 acts. Only two were from another club. I participated in two events. I played my newest composition on the piano and I participated in a group skit about pirates. Both the skit and my piano piece won first so I am advancing to the regional competition. But some one else shocked everyone. I don't how many of you know Daniel Carr, but if you do, you would know that he is an amazing pianist, but also has a speech impairment. But tonight he proved something to everyone. He got up on stage, and gave a humorous interpretation speech. I know he has worked hard to conquer his speech problem and last tonight he did it...He won first place in the non musical act, and is advancing to the regionals! I have never seen anyone with the guts that he's got. I know how hard he was worked to speak well, and to carry on conversations with people. Now, he has finally won a competition giving a speech!! I know what this guy has gone through and I think it's the coolest thing that he finally proved to people that he can get up on stage and give a speech without stuttering!! Anyway, it was a glorious night having audience appreciation of my music and winning in a skit, but best of all, finally being able to see Daniel succeed in speech!

6 comments:

Graham said...

haha! First. I cheated though. I was chatting with him when he updated... I know Daniel, that is amazing. I would just love to hear some of the songs you have composed. How many are you up to?

SaraY said...

Cool! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love listening to him recite poems and things that he's got memorized, it's just so neat to see how he can go from having so much trouble speaking to reciting things so perfectly. It's really really neat!

Anonymous said...

Daniel Carr is in symphony w/ me! that's really cool that he that! congrats on moving on 2 regionals!

Ellie said...

that's awesome for both of you! is there a state for these things?

Charity said...

I wish I could've been there to see it all! I was trying to remember why this sounded so familiar, and then I realized that you told us this on the phone. hehe.