February 15, 2006

Shoulda been televised...

Yesterday we had an amazingly intense thriller of a basketball game. We played the Kokomo Kash Eagles all the way into overtime. It was crazy!! We lead for the whole first half and the third quarter. In the fourth quarter, however, Kokomo came back from 10 points behind and got it tied up close to the end. The lead bobbled around for a while until we were up by five with 40 seconds to go in the game. Somehow, (I still don't really know how they did this...) they got within 1 point and then sank a 3 pointer with 4 seconds to go. We took the ball out of bounds and chucked it to one of our best shooters down the floor. As time was expiring he shot a 3 and got fouled in the process of shooting! So now, with 3 shots, he could tie or even win the game with 0 seconds on the clock!! Imagine the pressure, I was glad it wasn't me!! Either your the hero or the...well, Anyway, he did make 2, through the pressure and all, putting us in overtime. We ended up losing by two points in overtime. Overtime was a mess of action and mistakes couple with an extremely loud gym. It was a disappointing game but, we gave the audience a pretty good evening of entertainment!! There was a rumor that the local TV station would come and do a report. We were all like, "Not only should they have done a report they shouda televised it!"

Well I have a big recital audition type thing coming up this Sunday. If I play well enough I will be able to play in an honors recital at Purdue. I am playing the first movement of one of Beethoven's sonatas, I really don't know which one, I just looked up one and thought it sounded cool, so I decided to play it! I hope I keep some form of sanity because 2 weeks after the auditions for the honors recital, I have an Audition for another state competition, and then I have the actual honors recital...if I make if of course!! So it will be a crazy couple of weeks coming up. I won't be bored at all for a while at least!! A little excitement here and there never hurt anyone...I think...

Well, the more practicing I do the better my chances of success...take care ya'll

7 comments:

Zebbie said...

HEy sounds like a good game hope your recital gose well!

erudil said...

What a stupid thing, to foul the shooter in such a case! A pity that he couldn't make all three...

Nathan said...

This is way off topic, but you might like to check out www.rpcnayouth.com - the forums are pretty sweet place to talk to other RPs! (I'm commenting this because we're looking to get 100 members...)

Andrew said...

thanks guys,
btw, Nathan, i have been to the rp forum, i just don't know if i should join or not, cuz i am so busy now, if i get involved it would really get busy!!

ya nathaniel, it was too bad he didn't get all 3. but it sure made for an exciting finish though!

Graham said...

I know this sounds rather lame, but you had me on the edge of my seat with the game. Wish I could have been there. Those are the kinds of games that make watching sports worth it.

Nathan said...

You need to join the blog contest! It's not as rigorous as last year's - you can score points merely with comments and you don't have to post every day! See the Edomite site for details...

Andrew said...

Cool Graham, ya you would have enjoyed it!!

I'll check out the contest Nathan, sounds interesting...