February 23, 2006

Almost done...

I have one more basketball event and then I am done with the season. I have tournament this weekend up in Danville...wherever that is...We'll be playing against some small Christian schools. We also have a tournament in Indianapolis but that conflicts with the honors recital. With basketball coming to a close, I have been looking back and evaluating the past season and it's ups and downs. I have been tempted to think of my injury as a big setback with no advantages and just a bunch of waiting and unproductivity, however God has shown me several things through this season. First of all, I have had to exercise some form of patience. A lot more then I wanted to ever have to. I can't count how many games I had to sit through and watch everybody play. For a while I couldn't even practice with the team. But through all the waiting God showed me how important patience can be especially as I get nearer to my senior year.
Second because I was out of shape for so long I had to practice the basics all over again to strengthen my knee. Later as I started playing again, I found that through the whole year I haven't caused on turnover. Going back to the basics really helped me. Finally I was able to meet some very cool, people and form some really good friendships. So all in all, this season is one that had done me a lot of good, and I will look back on it as a season that was preparing me for my final year of basketball.

On that note, this last Tuesday we had one of our best basketball games. We played Faith Christian School, and for those of you who know Stephen Long and Jordan Kessler, we played them. It was another nail biting, edge of your seat kind of game and it was that way throughout the whole thing. Faith held the lead for the majority of the game but we hung in there not drifting very far away. Finally in the closing seconds one of their big guys was fouled and put on the line. He made both of his free throws which put them ahead by 3 points with 4 seconds on the clock. We took the ball out of bounds and threw it in to one of our big guys. Then the ball was miraculously passed to the same guy who bailed us out in Kokomo's game. He turned around and threw up a crazy 3-pointer which looked like it was way off. However as the ball got closer and as time expired the ball banked in and we were in overtime! We ended up pulling out the victory in the end by three points. Interestingly enough the guy who put up the buzzer beater graduated this year, and that was our last home game of the year. I mean talk about a way to finish off the home season! Well, I think with our great home win, I think our team is well off for our upcoming tournament. Well, I think I will invest my time in other affairs, see ya all later,

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how God teaches us things when and how we least expect it? We defanitely have an amazing God. Wouldn't you agree? Everyday I get at least five examples of the promise in Romans 8:28. I haven't watched a basketball game since we were still in Indiana but your game sure sounded interesting.
My great uncle Grant passed away last week so we are rejoicing that he is in a better place. Please pray for my great aunt Maxine as she goes through this seemingly hard time in her life.

Christina

Andrew said...

Laura, we have won more games, i think our record is around like, 5 and 9 or something like that.

christina, I'll be praying for your great aunt, I suppose up where you are, basketball isn't a big thing...

Anonymous said...

No, it isn't. The people in my church says it is but I'm like,"I don't think so!"
Saturday morning we're going to Ada to see my Grandma on my dad's side. Apparently, she has a tumor in her colon and we don't know if it's cancerous or what. We're gonna talk to doctors on Monday and probably wont be back til Tuesday. We don't know wether or not she is saved, so please pray for wisdom for the doctors and for a chance for us to minister to her. My cousin on that side, Jessica, is also going to have her gallbladder removed on Tuesday and she's only 18. I know, I've got a lot of things going on right now. so I guess I'll talk to yea about Wednesday or later.

erudil said...

What a way to finish a career!

Maria JoAnn said...

That is so cool that you are learning all of that from basketball. Have fun on you final games.

Charity said...

I'm really glad that you're realizing what God has taught you through this 'trial'. It is really important to ask Him how He is helping you grow through tough situations. Hehe I still laugh about you beating Jordan and Stephen's team. :-)

I hope to TALK to you soon!!!!!

Graham said...

Krazinesss. just nothin but downright krazinesss. sounds fun though. I love watching those kinds of games.

How are you standing in the tournement?

Jason_Sprau said...

That sounds like an interesting game... who won?... the one with faith baptist.

Andrew said...

well, in the tournament we place 3rd and we did get a trophy which was pretty cool. And we won the game against faith. our season is pretty much over except for one more tournament in Indy

Mae said...

Hello stranger! My name is Mari Harford and I know of you. you may have heard of me before, not really sure. I go to the same church as Paul Mishler... any recognition yet? well, anyways. I just wanted to say howdy, and congrats to you on winning that faith game, I was there. I go to faith but I still wanted the tornados to win... :). so... bye! have a nice day, and God Bless!

Andrew said...

i think i might have heard of you somehow, but i'm not sure, i think like, somehow through basketball or paul or somethin, well, maybe i can actually meet u sometime...