June 30, 2006

cats...

Yup...we got a cat. Nope, we didn't buy it. Uh, we didn't adopt it. And we didn't get if free from friends, and we didn't grab a stray and adopt it either. We actually weren't intending to get a cat. In fact we didn't even want a cat. But, well, what do you know? We have a cat. Hmm, ok it started last Saturday, my dad was going off to work and saw a cat walking on the side walk. He thought nothing of it and continued on to work. Well for some reason the cat hung around our place for while and then eventually disappeared. We thought that there wouldn't be any more of that cat. But we were dead wrong; it came back that night meowing persistently as if it was hungry or something. We didn't really want a cat so we didn't want to feed it so it would go away but we gave it water and some attention to quiet it. But this routine lasted for 4 days...and we finally decided ok, the cat has been around here for 4 days coming back only for water?!? So she must have adopted us, not the other way around. Now we live in a neighborhood so there are plenty of choices, and plenty of people, but for some reason the cat chose...us! So we finally decided that an outside cat wouldn't be such a bad idea and fed the cat. It is now permanently our cat…I mean after we fed it, we knew it wasn’t going anywhere!! In fact this cat is very well trained and is comfortable around people. I mean, it's not just any normal stray this cat, this cat was definitely owned at some point in time and already very well trained. If we went and adopted or bought a cat like this, it wouldn't be cheap!! Anyway that’s, how the Doerr’s ended up with a cat...of all animals! Maybe I’ll put up a picture of it later...

10 comments:

Graham said...

That is kinda how we got our cat. Only we got it as a kitten, but it still seemed to be comfortable around us, and it didn't go away... but then it started having kittens, so now we have three cats. It adopted us, and we belong to it, and it lets us know it too.

Christina said...

I really don't like cats. I don't hate them, but they're not the first pet I'd pick up. My reasons? 1) I'm allergic, 2) my parents are allergic, 3) we already have a dog. I just prefer dogs and some of the nastiest scares I have are from cats at the clinic. Atleast your cat is nice. Cuz if a cat is mean it's mean forever and to everybody!

Signed,
Totally a Dog Person

Anonymous said...

well, that's interesting. but i'm allergic 2 cats!

bethoven said...

Yes--what's the cat's name?

I did NOT get a cat; I got a dog (puppy). I've never had a cat, but I definitely prefer dogs. They are more work; but they are worth it!

Anonymous said...

You won't be reading this any time soon, Andrew. But, none the less, I will write it. You publish this information for all the world to see but don't so much a mention it in your conversation? What is the world comming to these days?

The Phantom of the Kitchen

Andrew said...

well, um, as far as i know the cat doesn't have a name yet...heh

and phantom...heh, if u would keep your ears open a bit more u would here me talk about much of the stuff on my blog...

Ellie said...

Awwww... you definitely need to get a name! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Hush!

The Phantom of the Kitchen.

Anonymous said...

neat, i got my cat as a stray kitten and it's the most beatiful cat ever,all black( except a few grey/white spots showing her age).

Christina said...

dogs rule and cats drule!!!