June 27, 2006

A little flying...

Well, I guess I'll start recounting my adventures, well, they are adventures...sort of...but anyway, 2 weeks ago on Wednesday i left for an aerospace camp at Purdue for 3 days. We got into all of Purdue's fancy aeronautics stuff, and got to do things only students at Purdue can do! I got to take a flight in the 727 simulator, and also got to fly one of the little Cessna airplane that they have. If you have ever been in a jet liner, well, I can tell you right now, flying in a 4 seater is nothing like it. I mean, you actually feel like your flying! It's much more exciting! Our pilot did a couple of air maneuvers too. He would put it into a certain type of dive and we would all be waitless for about 10 seconds!! Now I've been sorta waitless in roller coasters and stuff but this is really different. Like my hat was floating around along with some papers and a cell phone and eventually we wouldn't even be touching our seats!! I'm telling you, this is nothing to roller coasters, it actually feels like your waitless! So that was definitely the highlight of the camp there. We got to stay in Purdue's dorms and check out there dining halls. Actually the dining hall we were in, was pretty good. Surprising enough, it actually tasted good! lol! Well, overall the camp was really good, and if you've never been flying before, you don't know what your missing!!

9 comments:

Graham said...

wicked!!! I have always wanted to be weightless! that sounds soooo cool! what exactly was it like? did you get an adrenaline rush? did you wear seatbelts while doing it? more! more!

Christina said...

WHAT GRAHAM SAID!!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! YOUR LIFE IS SO INTERESTING!!!! I WANT TO SPEND THE REST OF MY DAYS STARRING AT THE COMPUTER SCREEN WAITING FOR YOUR NEXT POST!!!!!!
Get a life people!
With all due respect,
The Phantom of the Kitchen.

Andrew said...

well mr. phantom, please tell me of the last time you were totally waitless for 10 seconds in a 4 seater cessna airplane...lol

anyway, well graham, we wore the seatbelts really loose so we were kinda floating off the seats too...heh, and no adrenaline rush really it's like on a roller coaster you get that wierd feeling as your dropping, well imagine having the feeling for 10 seconds...lol

Anonymous said...

I think that "with no due respect" or "with all undue respect" or "with all due unrespect" would be more suitable to your (ahem) character.

Graham said...

no, we have our own lives, you just wouldn't know it, being all so concerned with being tied up in the box you have created for yourself, namely being this allknowing hoodoo who keeps batching his information gathering exploits. I have a list of near death experiences, one of countries I have lived in and another of ones I have traveled to, one of strange subjects studied by candle light when the power was out in my native third world country, a list of bizare subjects that i have an interest in including but not limited to computer programming, engineering, psycology, aerodynamics, music composition, creative writing, web design, and pyrotechnical chemistry. I also have a list of friends with shared interests, but you couldn't know about that.

I enjoy sharing in other people's joys, somethine one as cynical as you doubtlessly cannot, and Andrew was obviously psyched, and I tried to enjoy it too, but I am not sure that you would know or understand that, having left humanity behind, clinging to your warped logic in search of higher (or lower as the case may be) planes of reality. (or unreality. this would explain a lot actually)

sincererly, (I really meant that)

Graham

Anonymous said...

*poke* you should reply to e-mails more often, lol.

Mary said...

hey-yo andrew!! back from echo.....tis nice to be home, but I'm sad its over. yeah, twas a shame danny had to leave so soon.....but it happens.

that's awesome!! I went up in a really small plane with my younger siblings and the pilot went down for like 2 seconds. so I didn't really get much, but ah well. perhaps someday I shall. that's a very special thing to have experienced being weightless for TEN WHOLE SECONDS!!! oh my giddy-aunt......

Anonymous said...

i've never been flying but i think it's all very interesting, but i don't know about that drop feeling, i can't handle that on roller coasters, let alone for 10 seconds.