May 20, 2006

What a Party!!!

Wow...a party of a grand nature as I have not seen in a long time!! There is a theatre, a one screen movie theatre, in downtown Lafayette. It's quite old and so about 10 years ago the city started a renovation project. Goodness knows the old place needed it. Well, yesterday the old theatre had a grand reopening! It has been transformed into a theatre, not for movies, but for plays, big receptions, parties, performances etc. And last night, there was a rather large and fancy party. There was music, dancing, food (of course...), refreshments, live entertainment. How every the best of the whole occasion appeared at at the dessert table (as always!). Imagine with me for a moment a small water fountain, about foot high, with circular steps to the top, with water flowing out in all directions over it. Now, instead of water, imagine pure chocolate flowing down the fountain. It was so stunningly magnificent you could just stand there and look at it! Until, of course, you got over the "staring/wanting" mode and quickly switched to the "getting" mode! They had strawberries, pretzel sticks, marshmallow, cookies, cherries, and you could hold any of these items under the fountain and coat it in fresh mouth-watering chocolate! Ah, once you went through the line once, you found yourself back in the line for more, and pretty soon, you realize that all you have been doing for the past few minutes was going back into the same line for more! And for good cause too! Wow, absolutely entrancing I tell you!

Also that night I got to enjoy the Lafayette ballet company and it's end of the year presentation. Quite fascinating and intriguing. The more I watch ballet performances the more I realize how clumsy I am...but, then again, they have been practicing on how to be graceful as much as I am slouching in my chair doing school work, so there isn't any wonder at all in that fact...If you have never been to a ballet performance...well, your missing out...even though it does seem to make you look like a bumbling rhinoceros...lol!

Oh, one more thing....I GOT A GUITAR!! yes, imagine that, an orange starburst, fender, acoustic guitar with a case! I can't wait to start fiddling around with it. I have wanted one for a while, but now, with all the money I saved up over the summer, I finally have one!

well, sorry for the lack of postage, it has been a really busy week...I know I know, a lame excuse...but I don't have any more...lol!

14 comments:

Graham said...

You posted! And I had the presence of thought to get on the computer I can comment from. I can't wait to see the guitar! (I love guitars, just in case you havn't noticed.) Is it steel or nylon string? What kind of orange?

Zebbie said...

Kool you got a guitar. Sounds like it was a fun party.

Charity said...

that's so cool that you got a guitar! ARe you hoping to teach yourself? I really should make an effort ot learn guitar...I actually did teach myself a couple songs on it once. But that was like 2 years ago and they are LONG forgotten. Maria's getting pretty good at guitar, so maybe she'll teach me one day. :-)

Sorry I haven't replied to your email yet... I'll get around to it eventually (maybe when you send me my long email ;-)) I hope you aren't in much pain anymore, though!

erudil said...

Postage is 39¢ minimum per letter, so you've succeeded in reducing postage costs :-)

I once saw such a chocolate fountain, although it was a smaller variety: they had such a thing at a big event at Geneva some months ago, although I cannot be sure whether it were at the beginning or at the end of the fall semester. Or perhaps it was at Homecoming weekend? I don't know.

Christina said...

One of the things that I want at my wedding is a chocolate fountain cuz I've always atleast wanted to see one. Don't worry, Andrew, you're not the only one who isn't made for ballet. I have a guitar and a banjo that belong to my dad. I made an attempt to learn the guitar once but I lost the books!!!Since the piano isn't working for me I might try it again but I wouldn't count on it.

Anonymous said...

of course u should go c a ballet! if u haven't, u must, cuz it's like culture suicide!!!
neway, only 1 1/2 days more of school!!! yes!

Graham said...

culture suicide: what, for me, for the ballerenas or for the culture? In my case it would probably all three... lol.

Anonymous said...

um....more so 4 u than 4 the ballerinas. it's not like i'm making any money, just getting yelled at and then cheered at. it's a topsy turvy ballet world.

Anonymous said...

YAY 4 guitars! :)

Anonymous said...

dude, update ur blog!

Graham said...

twelve days latter...

Hello? Anyone still there?

(a disturbing silence ensues...

Hello...!

(reverberating echoes...)

Dude, I feel like I am yelling in a crypt, not an ownerless blog...

(quiet whispers...or your imagination...)

Anonymous said...

Cool. What KIND of chocolate?

The Archduke of the Keyboard

Anonymous said...

I can say to that, I was there to:-)! (Being Andrew's sis). The Chocolate was excellentos!!

Anonymous said...

Andrew, what does LOL mean?

The Archduke of the Keyboard