October 04, 2006

It won't get any easier...

Yeah, so I went to Butler and thought it was a really cool college and that I should prolly go there. But no, now I got to Ball State this past Friday, and I find out that they have a totally awesome music technology degree. So now what, we got Purdue with the cheapest and a bunch of my friends, we got butler the most expensive and close to even more friends, and now we got Ball state, with an outstanding music technology program and also rides to either Kokomo or Indy. Also I'm going to go visit Geneva and look at their music business program. So as time passes the decision is just going to get harder. If I had decided I really wanted to go to music school a little bit sooner it would definitely have been easier...But, sometimes you just got take it as it comes.
On top of that, I went to the fall ministry project that our church denomination youth collaboration, or CYPU as they call it, puts on. The speaker was pastor Rich Holdeman who spoke on making decisions. He said that we should look at options and remove the ones that are outside God's boundaries. But then he said, that of those choices which are in God's boundaries, you should just choose!! I mean, don't sit around and hope you make the right choice, just choose!! So, I say to myself, "yeah, that makes sense, just choose." And then I look at my college choices and I say, "and what was so easy about just choosing?" It's a lot harder to just choose than it seems like. Anyway, I'll have to choose here pretty soon, but I got a little more time to juggle em around a bit. Along with that the Fall ministry project was really good. I met some really cool people, and got to be with good friends as well. Our team, which went to southside congregation consisted of me, Nick Rao, Colin McClintock, Brandon Sprau, Victoria Hosford, Addy Fisher, Flo Faris, Kaitlyn Marcisz and Anne Cerbus. For those who know these people, count yourselves as fortunate, for those of you who don't know them, you guys are missing something cuz they were a lot of fun to hang out with. Overall, it was a good time...and being the last Fall ministry I can go to, it was a good was to close out the year. Now all I have to do is make a decision...right...

12 comments:

Tamara Rose said...

hey Andrew,

wowzers... your absalutly crazy, hopless and so full of talent that i can't tell you how jelious i am! hah. Well i hope God will gide your steps in were to go. I have heard deciding were to go to collage isn't the easyest thing, and you don't really get to every do it again. Well hope you got some sleep tongight. You better have! 48 hr. straight w/o sleep is crazy! And if your like that in collage your going to kill yourself! *sigh*... andrew do i always have to tell you how to live life so that you don't KILL yourself with lack of sleep and red bull! ;)

"make the right decision, do you want to talk to me or not?" hah.... sorry i had to go so quick, i got in a bit of trouble so i guess i didn't go quick enough. Sorry but "tea" was getting cold. :) Well i'm going to go think about updating my blog.... sigh.... i hate doing it but love it when its finally done!

righty-o best be off. Hope you get everything worked out, I know you will, like i said your talented, boy. ;)

love the ossie

Anonymous said...

Andrew,
Tell me about Geneva's programs once you find out about them, PLEASE!

The Archduke of the Keyboard

Graham said...

hm. whenever I get into cases like this I have to weigh the pros and cons and give them all one point of value unless they are cosmic and let numbers drop out, but u probably already did that. (numbers are just so purdy.) What lets u do the most?...What is music technology anyway?

Anonymous said...

....exactly what graham said.

Nathan said...

It's the senior conundrum - I'm going through the same deal. I'm looking at IU, Northwestern and Butler on my short list, having applied to IU and N'Western already.

Maybe you had so much fun on FMP because of the absolutely spectacular church to which you were assigned.

Christina said...

Exactly what Graham said.

Kaitlyn said...

Glad you had a good FMP trip. I'll agree I had a good time (even though we didn't have too much work :o) I think my best FMP trip,
though, was to Southfield my freshman year. Nothing will top that trip...
Anyways, see ya this weekend at the reunion.

Nick said...

hey, man! you get a lot of comments...at least you mentioned moi in yo post!

Anonymous said...

Andrew,
This is a high priority message. I am still looking for a topic to write a research paper about in your dad's economics class. Tell me--is he looking for more modern subjects or can we write about Marx and Lenin? I would like to know this as soon as I can. I don't quite remember if he said anything about that.

The Archduke of the Keyboard

Anonymous said...

If you do not kill yourself we will find another way.
he,he,he;hoo,hoo,hoo;Haa,HA,HA,HAAAAAaaaaaa...

The Phantom of the Kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Texas A&M is a good school. Why don't you check it out?

Anonymous said...

Andrew,
This is a high priority message. I need to know if your dad wants us to write our research papers specifically on modern topics or not so that I can prepare. Please don't make we wait until Saturday or Sunday.

The Archduke of the Keyboard