September 25, 2006

The fate of all seniors...

Ah, yes, I went to Indy to attempt to start settling my fate...lol, I toured butler university's campus and got some more information and stuff. For those of you not so knowledgeable about my college searches...for a long time I've thought that Purdue was the way to go. In fact most of this year I've been pretty certain I'd be going to Purdue. Besides, my dad works there so I get half off the tuition plus I don't need room and board cuz I practically live on campus, so that made sense. Now, I LOVE music, but since I'm not sure how well I'd do in music I figured I'd just get a technology degree with a 99% job placement rate and do music on the side. Buuuut, the more I thought about it the more I started find out that you really can't do music on the side...heh, I mean, there really is no way to do that. Especially with a technology major! Anyway, even though I was still thinking heavily about Purdue I thought I'd visit Butler (in Indianapolis) and Ball state (in Muncie). Both good music schools and smaller then Purdue...And..Unfortunately a lot more expensive! So today I went to butler. And I'd have to say, with the classes and music, and professors and students, I really like the atmosphere of the college of music! It's so cool, and the classes were nothing unfamiliar and the students were really cool too! I was really impressed with Butler and I'm starting to see that since music is my passion, a music school will excite me a lot more then technology labs...lol! I spoke with some music faculty and got some good advise. And overall, I might end up going to Butler or ball state over Purdue! Imagine that...Instead of Purdue actually going to a music school! The idea thrills me! But then again I won't see all the people I know at Purdue and I know a lot of incoming freshman this year...but then again, call of music is very strong! Well, it still all hangs on a couple threads, but I know this...I'd prolly be more happy at a music school then Purdue...I think...anyway, still more to think about...but I can say that Purdue is not a definite anymore...it could be anything!

15 comments:

Graham said...

dude! And here was I thinking that we would be blowing things up at Purdue... I don't really know what to say... Follow your heart I guess...

Christina said...

I wouldn't say follow your heart, that's a little..radical. I say follow your dreams. Dreams may be wishes your heart makes, but it takes the mind to make it possible. Atleast we all have the assurance that no matter what we do, God ordained it before creation.

Anonymous said...

That's interesting....Indiana has a lot of pretty good schools. But you should already know that...

Anonymous said...

that'd be a hard decision to make. there are a couple instuments that i would absolutely love to play but other that that, i'm not very enthused about music. i would prefer a major in chemistry or something.

Graham said...

I guess Christina doesn't know this about me, but I am radical all the way. I'll stick with what I said before.

Christina said...

Go Ali! I'm not a science nut but chemistry's in my blood! I guess, Graham, you and I just aren't the same type o' people. Oh well, that's what makes life interesting.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club, Andrew. I haven't found my "dream college" or my "true vocation" yet either. At least I have two more years to go before I have to finalize that decision. And by the way, would you like to play Hindemith?

The Archduke of the Keyboard

Nick said...

Whenever you get this, email me at nickyrao@yahoo.com

Charity said...

Andrew, you're like making me CRY here! heh well not really...I actually first heard this from Anna Pulliam, who talked to you at FMP. She asked me if I knew you were thinking about going to Butler and I had to say no. I feel very offended and left behind. :-P (just joking) Well, if you feel like you're going to be happier at that college and that it would help you in what you really want to do in life, I'll all for it. Though speaking selfishly, if I ever got to go to Purdue, I'd be sad that you weren't there. I'll pray for ya as you consider your "fate". ;-) See yas!

Anonymous said...

OK Andrew, we are all back safe and sound from wherever we went to in Indiana so...
Do your stuff. Write a cool blog about it. Blow everybody away with your superior writing skill. Post pictures. Just do something. Anything. I may submit an article to Covi-connection, but I forgot my camera.

The Archduke of the Keyboard

Nathan said...

You should submit an article to the Covie Connection! That is a brilliant idea.

Becca said...

Hey, wow... I well I am a full supporter of Indianapolis. The talk we heard Friday night will help you with all of this. If I go to Purdue, I would love to have you there too, but then maybe we pass eachother on the high way or something. ;)

Shannon Koons said...

Random stranger/stalker comment...

And there are other great reasons for going to Butler ... like the growing RP presence on campus!! Did you happen to chat with any of the RP music students while you were there? If you have any questions - ask away. I've been there for 5.5 years now: one degree down, one to go. Check out www.butler.edu/studentlife/veritas.

Ellie said...

I know I already sort of talked to you about this, but I wanted to say that it would be so much fun if you decided to go to Butler. Maybe you could even work out a deal to live at Northside. ;-) ttyl

Charity said...

Andrew - after talking to Ellie, I realized that she's right. It'd be really cool if you went to Butler. So you better go. Yes. Okay.

haha I am a dork. ;-)