September 06, 2006

Swimming!!

You better believe it...Andrew doerr is getting up at 5:30 in the morning on Monday's, Tuesday's and Wednesday's to go swimming for an hour! Yup, for as long as I got the money I'm doing it. It's simple, out of the way, and gets you exercise and stuff without the sweat and mess of jogging. I'm am a big disbeliever in running...I hate running to get in shape...once I'm in shape running is fine! Anyway, if you ever want to get in shape, just swim, because it's sooo much easier!
Also I started some classes yesterday at an academy type thing our church is doing...I'm taking Hebrew...

aleph
bet
ghimel
daleth
he
waw
zayin
het
tet
yod...ok enough of that..

I'm also taking a literature class, and finally...the best class of all...maybe because my dad's teaching it or something...
ECONOMICS!!!!
well, it's not my favorite thing to do, but my dad knows what he's doing and besides, when I'm jamming for the tests on Monday night, I'm the ONLY one who can go ask the teacher at 3 in the morning why inflation is bad...
But all in all, I think the classes will be real good...And the homework isn't like reading 3 books in two days, or translating the Hebrew bible into English or something, so I think 'll survive.

16 comments:

Ellie said...

Wow, I'm proud of you. Swimming is an awesome sport! I'll think of you at 5:30! ;-)

Christina said...

The only thing that could get me up at 5:30 would be a job...specifically kennels. Swimming is alright, it's not my favorite, but i prefer to "chill" in a pool instead of actually swim. Hebrew does sound interesting, I must say. I'm actually not looking forward to economics cuz I've been taught it in basic everyday life from my mom (who's major was Ag. Econ.) so econ curric doesn't sound nice.

BIKES RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charity said...

hey, good for you! Tamara and mom get up on Thursdays at 5:30 to go swimming. I, on the other hand, stay asleep in bed--dreaming about being in shape. hehe ;-) Oooo have fun with Hebrew. I took Greek last year and it was loads of fun, lemme tell ya!!

Christina said...

AMEN CHARITY!!

Graham said...

I hate doing anything repetitive like running or swimming. Give a good game of ultimate frisbee or socer or football or anything like that and I kill myself trying to keep up.

Anonymous said...

I dislike swimming after a failed infultration mission involving about ten sharks.

The Phantom of the Kitchen.

Anonymous said...

i love swimming, but there's no place to do it around here, and i wouldn't go to a public pool if sombody paid me.ew.i prefer biking over all of it.

Graham said...

I think next year I am going to get all my exercise in three places: biking around, martial arts, and ping pong.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun....

Christina said...

(ap)GOD BLESS AMERICA (ap)

Anonymous said...

And may America bless GOD back!

The Phantom of the Kitchen.

Christina said...

Post! Andrew, Post!!

erudil said...

I can't give the entire Hebrew alphabet without looking. Let's see what I can do:
alef, beth, gimel, dalet, he, waw, zayin, heth, teth, yodh, kaf, lamedh, mem, nun, qof, pe, ‘ayin, samekh, tsadhe, resh, sin/shin, taw.

א ב ג ד ה ו ז ח ט י כ
ל מ נ ס ע פ צ ק ר ש ת

I guess I got all of them correct except for 15-19. At least it's easier than Greek; I remember very little of the Greek alphabet. So many vowels to remember.

Tamara Rose said...

hah! I can only handol one day a week getting up that early to swim. :) I'm fine once i'm out of bed its just the actaully gettting out of my nice warm cozy bed thats the proubublem. :)
Running.... a couple weeks ago me and MJ went running for 1 1/2 (maybe just and Hour) at night and i got like three blisters from my beat up shoes. So i'm wating till i get new ones to go again. :) its a good excuse to not do it for a nother month. lol

hah i so remember my older sib's saying that Hebrew stuff. :) I almost have it memorised.

well i have to go leave a comment on you other post. Then update mine (maybe... :)). take care

Christina said...

Excuse me!?!?! Greek is tuns easier than Hebrew looks. I've known the whole Greek alphabet for like four years, maybe that's why it's easier for me, and i'll be taking it next year.

Christina said...

i didn't meant that offensively.