August 09, 2006

craziness...

Hmm, I haven't really been home much lately, and I apparently haven't posted much either...looking at the dates on my previous posts...

But now that most of my romping around the US is over I think I can finally start getting back into the rhythm of...of...well...living at home...lol! This past vacation was great though. We spent a lot of time on the beaches because of it was so hot! I mean, we went camping up in Michigan...it's supposed to be nice a cool up there right? So, we thought instead of burning up down here, we'll just go up by the lakes and camp there. Well, it just so happened to be that a national heat wave decides to appear out of nowhere and strike the whole country on the exact week we went camping. So Instead of burning up down here, we just burned up in Michigan!! So we went swimming in the lakes a lot! Ah, the lakes felt soo good in 90 degree weather! It cooled off later in the week though which was nice. We were camping in Mackinaw city, which is right on the straights of Mackinac. So we swam in Lake Michigan and Lake Heron. We also went to Mackinac Island, saw some lighthouses, saw the great Mackinac Bridge, and relaxed. Overall it was a peaceful vacation...well...except for the downpour which got everything wet and put us in the Laundromat for a day, and besides the heat...lol! Anyway it’s nice to be home for once and actually sit down and think for a couple seconds without rushing out the door!! We took a bunch of pics, so when my dad gets them uploaded I’ll post some of them…

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Andy-roo is back :D E-mail me if you get a chance or if you're bored sometime or sumthin', lol. I haven't talked to you in ages...

Anonymous said...

finally!!! you know, you shouldn't just desert us all like that, some of us rely on your posts for our intellectual, not to mention entertaining, converse. i can't wait to see the pictures and i hope you had fun.

Christina said...

I totally agree with Ali. Yes, even here it's been burning and for once, humid. I'd never call Michigan the state to go to to cool down, that's what northern MInnesota is for. still nice to know you enjoyed yourself!

Graham said...

That was funny, about the last six lines or so of your post were gone, so I refreshed the page, and two more lines appeared. I tried again. The rest of the post apeared momentarily, and then vanished, so i had to keep clicking the refresh button to read it.

neway, the entire country is either blazing hot or freezing cold: reasons 101 to live in Yemen.

Christina said...

I hate heat. Give me the rain, the sleet, and the snow, even if it means -50.

Anonymous said...

i had the same problem with the post not appearing, all you have to do is scroll down then back up.

erudil said...

One thing I liked about Oklahoma was the (mostly) dry heat :-)

Christina said...

Whoa!! Where'd your post with the pictures go?!?!

Andrew said...

i'm working on that...lol