January 28, 2006

Basketball!!

I had a basketball game last night and I have another one tonight. Last night we (THE Tippecanoe Tornadoes (a home school basketball team that my parents helped start in Lafayette)) played the Indy wildcats with their star player Joel Hart!!! well, maybe not, but he does play pretty well. But Joel couldn't drag his brothers up for the game though, which was thoroughly disappointing! The game was quite exciting...well, for the first half at least but the wildcats pulled away at the end. They also had a slight advantage, with some height on there side which, of course, tends to aid the team quite extensively...Anyway, twas a good game. The junior boys actually hung in there for a while and actually had a shot at winning the game but they couldn't pull it off either. The most discouraging aspect of it all was the fact that I am still on injured reserve...Yes, believe it or not I am still on injured reserve. I haven't played at all this season so it gets slightly...well ok, majorly discouraging at times to sit on the bench and watch everybody else play. And here I am remembering that fatal day about a year and half ago. It was early in the season last year; we had only played two games so far. I was in practice scrimmaging with the team. Actually we had a game the next day as well. Anyway all of practice had gone real well and we were nearing the end. With about 2 min till the end of practice I was driving hard to the hoop and shot a short jumper. However in the process of jumping I collided with one of our big guys. Knocked off balance, I landed hard on my left leg. And that, ladies and gentlemen, started the whole thing. My knee twisted around somehow and I was down. I apparently had severely pulled some muscle in the knee which kept the knee from twisting in the socket, so that put me out for a while. However, I was able to play again in the spring as my knee healed up. So then summer went by and ECHO and covmakoi and other activities went by and I found myself playing soccer in the fall. My knee was well healed and I didn't need a brace anymore. I was well passed the point of sitting on the bench and watching the game go on! I was done with knee injury stuff...well...for the moment. However, the time of action was to be soon cut short. In one of our last games of soccer, I jumped up to head the ball and I came down a little awkward, and on my left knee...Again!! And so I had the same exact injury I had a year earlier. And so here I am again sitting on the bench and watching my team play. However this time my knee seams to have forgotten how to heal itself so it is taking at least twice as long to heal. Well that is my story...exciting huh. No matter how exciting it is it still drives me totally crazy sitting on the bench all the time!! If you guys could pray that God would grant me patience I would much appreciate it. Anyway I gotta go cheer on my team!! ttya all later...

16 comments:

Nathan said...

I like the positive spin "but the wildcats pulled away at the end". If you count a 37-point difference (or was it 27?) "pulling away at the end" I like it! Nah, just had to rub it in ('tis my brother's team, how could I not?)Here's hopin' your knee recovers soon...

Nathan said...

Actually, I learn from Joel it was a 47-point win w/ a 28-point lead at the half...but I still like the optimism!

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrew! It's Rose (from co-op... drama class. Dory... "dumb girl" lol :D)
I'm sorry about your knee, I know how that feels :P I hurt my knee last year and had to sit out on a lot. I'll be praying for you!

~Rose

Andrew said...

Nathan,
ok, yeah, I had the optimism going you had just had to destroy it!!! lol,jk, anyway was a good game for the first quarter...hehe

Rose,
so how did you find out i had a blog??? prolly the lanzes...hehe, anyway thanks for the comment

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was reading Hannah's blog and one of the comments was from you :)
You're welcome :) just wanted to let you know that I know the feeling, lol.
See ya on Tuesday!

erudil said...

At least you had good journalism — I never would have known that it was such a loss without the comments by Nathan :-)

Graham said...

sorry about your knee, praying for you, for both patience and healing...

Hannah said...

you read my blog, Rose???? Scary.... Lol

Zebbie said...

Hope your knee heals soon and I'll be praying for you>

Andrew said...

Nathaniel,
ok, yeah, i tried to strategically use my words to keep it from sounding like a blowout but i guess i didn't think about the fact that someone like nathan could come and ruin my optimism!!!...haha, jk nathan!

Thanks Graham, glad you liked the edomites link...

btw hanna, you NEVER know who reads your blog, it could be someone you have never heard of in your life!! lol

Thanx Jordan, glad to see you have updated!!! hehe

Anonymous said...

yeah, nana :) I read your blog. I just can't comment cause I don't have a blogger thing, lol

Graham said...

Does Hanna work on the Edomite page?

Andrew said...

Nope...well...not yet at least :)

Andrew said...

Thanks laura, btw, who do you play b-ball for??

Hannah said...

I see, I know random people read my blog, I just didn't know people I actually KNEW did. Lol, I once got to a 28 year old lady's blog, I got there on accident by mistyping one letter... Then I got to some other guy's blog when was trying to get here, I type "ifiwerearichman"... Oops:-p

Andrew said...

I keep getting people mixed up cuz my blog isn't "correct grammer" well, ifiwerearichman is definitely taken, and besides, if you know me, there would be no reason to think of correct grammer anyway...lol!!! ;)