June 24, 2007

higher ed...

So, i thought maybe I'd let you know how and why i decided to ditch college...for a year...just so you know i won't be a lazy, bum, like I've been numerously accused of being...

it all started this past year as i was in the middle of auditioning at colleges and thinking about going away and living somewhere else, and how much fun it would be etc, etc. I imagined about being able to study music completely without distractions and all the glorious advantages of going to college. And then...i thought of all the money...hah, well not exactly but i was thinkin..why pay a college tons of money to study music when i can do it myself...for a year at least. I'm not totally sure exactly what i intend to do with music, and since i have a late birthday, technically i have another year anyway, so i decided it would be brilliant to just not go to college for a year, and study music myself...and keep the money to invest wisely in ipods and tv's...

So, with that reasoning, here i am...determined to be a better man by not going to college....yet...
and i think that it's the most logical thing i could come up with...which is...positive...

And if you're asking, "just what in the world is he going to do??" (because deep in the back of your mind you really think I'm going to be a lazy bum) then here is a list of things I'll be doing...
  • Taking more piano under a different teacher
  • composing
  • meeting with composers
  • entering numerous competitions
  • playing basketball
  • singing
  • building a rocket
  • doing speech
  • studying for the sat again, just to get more money
  • testing out of calculus and chemistry
  • working

So not only will i be studying music, I'll actually be being very productive...amazing i know...but it's true...

17 comments:

Christina said...

Wow, it's nice to know you thought all of it through. I hope it works out for you. I know what I want to do, it's just having the finances(sp?) is what bothers me. I refuse to get a loan for college. But enough about me. Looks like you're gonna be pretty busy. Oh! And you should swing by sometime, we got a 12-string guitar!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Yeah right, your a lazy bum and you know it!

Christina said...

Watch your punctuation, Phantom!!

Graham said...

what? a 12 string? I have got to try that honey out.

ok. Yesterday I got to jam with my cousin and my cousin's friend. My cousin plays drums, and his friend plays acoustic guitar, but he had a PA system that he lugged over and thats what he played. I have a new huge powerhouse amp, German model, sounds sweet. Its kinda funny: I have a Japanese guitar, a German amp, and my American distortion pedal has cesed to function correctly. At any rate, A fantastic experience was had by all but the spectators, and my ears are still numb. It was so fun! Looking forwards to doing some of that this summer with that drummer that you should have found by now... How is that comming anyways?

Anonymous said...

-Hey Andrew, check your e-mail and respond to the one I sent you or I might have to (heven forbid) CALL YOU ON THE TELEPHONE! I hope you will not force me to such drastic measures.

Christina said...

Why don't people call or e-mail me?!?!?!

Christina said...

*sighs* I hope you have a reason for not posting!

Anonymous said...

Sam and Andrew do have a reason-- they're away at church camp and won't be back until sometime Thursday the Twelveth.

Christina said...

Oooooh. Sorry, nice they told US!!

Christina said...

Thank you, Archduke. You're a real sweetheart!

Christina said...

*sigh* "Waiting, when I'm waiting...."

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I will be back from music camp by the 22nd.

Anonymous said...

And somehow, life goes on...

Anonymous said...

And on... and on... and on...

"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day. Out, out, brief candle:
Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that struts and frets
His hour upon the stage,
And is seen no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

PS. Are the Blackwoods still there?

PPS. Is Graham there yet?

PPPS. Andrew, did you score "28 Days" yet?

PPPPS. Sometime after I get back, let's add the revisions to Stonehenge.

Christina said...

Oh wow, Kitchen boy. Did you write that all on your own? I think it suggests someone of more brilliance than yourself.

"And the beat goes on. The beat goes on. Drums keep pound in a rythm to the brain."

Anonymous said...

Hey Archi, you misquoted.
-"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps on this petty pace from day to day.
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools,
The way to dusty death, out, out, brief candle:
Life's but a fleeting shadow,
A poor player that struts and frets
His hour upon the stage,
And is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

-And then Poe, “all that we see or seem, is but a dream, within a dream.”

Christina said...

Oops, what I said up there was to wrong person. Avoid the annoying blonde by the name of Christina.