December 19, 2006

101

Ah
this is my 101st posts!!
[huge applause, amid cheering and clapping]

So convenient to reach this momentous occasion at such a remarkable time of year. It adds so much to the Christmas Holidays.

With the festivities approaching at high speeds we have been

-baking (who doesn't bake at Christmas time?)
we have these very cool Norwegian recipe's that we use every year for Christmas cookies, and they all have these complicated names like prostenisheiver and berlinerkranser...(you sound pretty knowlegdeable after rattling those names off...)

-cleaning (see above)
this shouldn't need explaining

-drawing names
we draw names for stockings...which can get interesting...

-opening advent calendars
not sure what it is but our family has an ongoing fascination with advent calendars...maybe it's just us...

-debating about getting a Christmas tree
this year will be interesting, ever since we got our new piano, we've been a little pressed for space in our living room. We thought we could sell our old piano but that hasn't happened yet. We could put a Christmas tree in the living room, there just wouldn't be any room for us. Which could cause problems...

-keeping secrets
oh yes, our family has lots of secrets...especially at Christmas time

-blowing secrets
yup, at least one gets destroyed sometime...

-admiring the weather
60 degrees in December? I'm not complaining...

-waiting...
5 days away

Almost seems too fast.
A semester already over.
Another one about to begin.
My last one.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you should just get one of those cute little charlie brown trees, http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/charlie-brown-xmas-tree.jpg

Anonymous said...

:) aren't you so glad helped you figure this out. Hello a little credit to me please?? ;)

101... nice. Yeah i know, this year has been.... I can't even tell you! its been crazy! I've met so many people and said goodbye to way to many in the prosess! *sigh* wow.... its so wierd.

Well have a lovely merry christmas and new years.

~me

Anonymous said...

Andrew,

Several things.

First, WHAT ON EARTH DID YOU DO TO YOUR BLOG? No offense, I hope, but seriously...it comes as quite a shock if you're on a dial-up connection and a familiar site suddenly changes drastically on you. I mean, what is this place? Oh wait, it's been updated. Well I'll be.

Second, There's this one great German cookie recipe called Lebkuchen (or spelled something like that), it's really good. You should try it sometime. And maybe you could give us some of your Norwegian recipes. Remember, "bakers trade recipes on a knead to know basis."

Third, I'll get the accompaniment part to Trauermusik to you sometime to see how you like it.

The Archduke of the Keyboard

Anonymous said...

Shall we all celebrate a little slice of life wasted on 101 posts?

The Phantom of the Kitchen

Andrew said...

Mister archduke ~ First your reaction should not be "What on earth did you do to your blog" but, "wow, this looks really nice" , yes it took a lot of work to do it better...annnyway i might change it again, we'll see, i'm not done customizing it...

me ~ well, if you read my message i sent you it should give ample credit...;-)

ali ~ yeah i'll check on those trees...

Andrew said...

and...
mister phantom...
btw, if you think i've been wasting time on me posting...

what about YOU wasting time commenting??
if it's so worthless why comment?

[a special thank you for the people who have read and commented worthwile and uplifting comments...i appreciate it very much ;)]

Charity said...

I like. :o)

haha I had to laugh at the "keeping secrets" then "blowing secrets"!! Sooo true. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Graham said...

belly belly nice. It almost looks like u changed over from blogger to beta. Is this true? Yes it is!!! Very nice. I sense that you like the new template toys... U got some real nice clash goin on. Purdy wicked!

Andrew said...

yeah, though i like the black...i'm still working on the colors...

Christina said...

I have to agree with the Phantom. My first reaction was exactly the same. I was like,"Has he lost his mind?" (n/r) I also agree you should give us your recipes. My family likes to make Spritz. I'm not a fan of Rosettes, but I LOVE, LOVE,LOVE, in fact I would DIE, without Lefse. It's not a dessert, but I'd still die without it. I've actually made it, but I hope to get to that soon.

I HAVE A MANDOLIN!!!!!!!

Christina said...

Oh, and Lutafisk makes my skin crawl.

erudil said...

Wow, you get a lot of comments.
I was just curious: any idea why we say "Christmas Holidays"? There's only one of them, and yet I too use the phrase. Perhaps we're all accustomed to "The Twelve Days of Christmas".

Andrew said...

not sure really, though i'm assuming it's because we don't want to say christmas AND new years...so we say christmas holidays...

ruthypoo said...

Oh my word!!! I LOVE advent calendars!!! My mom always gets about a million per room in our house. And then, we have a cloth one with scary looking puppit thingy that fasten onto the background with velcro. The only prob is tha t if we all share one I only get to open 2 doors and they always are the most boring. boo hoo. hehe I will most definitely carry onthe tradition with my own kids (after I have them of course)