November 08, 2006

Insanity

wow...
I guess it's been a while since I posted...hmm. It's been a ridiculously insane couple of weeks! It all started last weekend. I mean, the weekend before last...I decided to take a small vacation to Pittsburgh. Ok, so maybe it wasn't exactly a vacation, but if felt like it! The main reason for going was to be apart of the Allegheny presbytery's youth conference. There were some tfy people going, so I naturally couldn't resist...Anyway, the only problem with going to this conference was that it was in Pittsburgh which happens to be 7 hours away by car. This poses some problems because I don't know how to drive to Pittsburgh and I really didn't feel like trying...And there also is the issue of gas and expenses and so on. So I decided that since I was going to be in Pittsburgh this would be a great time to visit Geneva and so then my parents would have to drive out! Which took care of the travel to Pittsburgh. However my parents couldn't stay over for the conference so I still needed a ride back to Lafayette. So I used every method I could dream up to find out if by chance I could get a ride back to Lafayette. But it was to no avail...so I had to use my last resort. I submitted a petition to my mom to see if I could ride the greyhound bus back...and amazingly my parents agreed to send me home on the greyhound bus, mainly because Luke Dinkledine found out that he could come too, and we could take the greyhound back together. Only thing was that the bus left at 12:10 am on Monday morning, and arrived in Indy at 8:00 am! So not the most convenient schedule...but sometimes you just have to take it as it comes. So anyway, we left at 3 in the morning for Pittsburgh (ok, so for you geography whizzes, I really went to Beaver falls, which is about 45 minutes north of Pittsburgh which is where Geneva is, but the conference was in Pittsburgh...) I had a lot of fun at Geneva seeing friends and crashing peoples classes, and checking out their music school. I roomed that night in the dorms with Peter Work (an amazing tfy guy) and then finished my Geneva visit on friday (which now has moved up in my college rankings), said a farewell to my parents, and then hung out with friends until the conference started. I can't even begin to describe the conference. I had a blast! The kids were great, and seeing some really good friends made it extra special. And even the greyhound bus trip back was full of just contemplating my glorious weekend...and of course, I suffered from tons of those sad/happy/depressed moods when i got back. All in all it was an amazing weekend!

So then I entered back into the mess of life here, with music, basketball, school all in full power. Also this weekend I took a trip to Kokomo on Sunday to meet with a student who goes to Ball State to get some inside info on the school of music. That didn't raise our opinions of Ball State much, something about strange professors and weird teachers...anyway, I think I need another trip to the college to see what's going on. And now, I am pretty much getting drained...I have a piano competition this Saturday, a basketball game tonight, and I run the sound system for our new church this Sunday for the first time. Which means, I'm practicing 6 hours a day on the piano, I'm working on my free throws, and I'm trying to remember how to run a sound system, along with keeping up with school, leaf blowing someone's yard, and the other half a million things I'm doing...it can get a little tiring after the third night staying up to 2 in the morning or so. But I'm working on that, and I'm getting more sleep...sort of...

With that, I leave you all to attend on my ever escalating pile of time destroying school subjects...

P.S. and after the competition, maybe I can strive to post with more consistency...maybe...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, good. Practice hard. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

-You know, there are other ways of doing these things. Look at me, I just goof off.

The Phantom of the Kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Remember, Andrew,
Bring the music on Tuesday! or else...we won't be able to perform it on Saturday.

The Archduke of the Keyboard (who also plays viola, for those of you who were interested)

Graham said...

wow. What a mess. I don't envy your work load. Sounds like you had fun with the conference though! I wish I could be in the states for some of this. The only thing I have on extracurricular is volley ball, and the only reason I am doing that as opposed to say almost anything else, is because there is nothing else. period. (except for running around in circles. We have invited three or four other schools to do it with us, but it seems rather pointless.) I have mostly finished comming up with a new set of rpg rules though, so if that gets started it will be good.

Christina said...

The only extra curricular activities I have are work, voice lessons, AWANA, youth group, church, and babysitting at MOPS bible study every other Friday. And I thought my life was hectic.

Would any of you know where I could learn something about TFY? If it's as great as you say it is, I wanna know about it.

Anonymous said...

Andrew, why don't you change your profile picture to a real photograph of yourself rather than to what looks like a twisted and inflamed depiction of the Mandelbrot set?

The Archduke of the Keyboard

P.S. The Mandelbrot set is a famous fractal by (who else) Benoit Mandelbrot, in case you're interested.

Anonymous said...

-I, with some degree of regret real or imagined, wish to report that Andrew has screwed him self up AGAIN and is going in for sugery Tusday.
-You may now all go into hystarical panic until he posts to tell you how minor it is.

Very interested to see how this may or may not turn out,

The Phantom of the Kitchen.